Did you see the story about the family who got lost in the corn maze in Massachusetts? The couple and two young kids (one of them 3week old) kept finding dead ends.
Once the police arrived an officer and his K9 dog was able to find them within a matter of minutes. They were 25 feet from the exit.
“We thought this would be fun. Instead. It was a nightmare.” This was the quote on the 911 call.
A lot of folks scoff at the idea and wonder how two adults could be so misdirected that they literally had to call 911 to get out of the corn. Did the couple really need to call for help or was it a publicity stunt or a chance for 15 minutes of fame?
Let’s change the script up a little.
Have you ever felt LOST in one of the big box home improvement stores? You’re walking around knowing what you need, but have no idea how to get there? You see people wearing orange aprons or blue smock/vests, but they seem to be just as lost as you? Or at best are heading the other direction from the goal.
What if you had someone who could personally greet you at the door and personally walk you to the item that you are looking for.
- That person could ask you questions to make sure that they understand what your need is at the moment.
- That person could answer questions that you may have about different brands or types of products.
- That person could recommend a product that they know will resolve your problem.
- That person is smart enough to make sure you have everything you need before you leave saving you an additional trip back.
- That person can ensure that before you leave the store, you understand clearly how to use the tool or product you are purchasing.
- That person can recognize you when you walk in (often by name) and can follow up on earlier projects you have been working on.
That person is not going to leave you lost in the maze.
That is what we attempt to do at Howard Brothers. We truly want to understand your needs. We want to build relationships with our customers. We want to listen and then recommend. We want to get you in and get you out so that you can get back to your life. Most of our salespeople have been with us for 5 plus years. In fact, a lot of people have been here more than 10 years. We take pride in our store and our focus is on delivering excellent customer service.
We understand that there are times that necessitate your visit to the big box, but If you haven’t visited one of our stores recently, we invite you to try us out. From Plumbing to Electrical, Painting to fasteners, Power Tools to Outdoor Power Equipment or Lawn and Garden to Automotive needs… we’ve got you covered.