While was browsing Facebook, I came across a post in particular. Honda Power Equipment reminded us how important safety is for this time of the year. As of June 1st, Hurricane Season has officially begun. How prepared would you be if a hurricane hit an area near you? Even if you’re not in immediate danger, it’s important to have a plan of action! Honda Power gives us a great resource for all your hurricane preparation tips: https://www.ready.gov/hurricanes
Here are some basic tips to keep you safe during Hurricane Season:
- If you are ordered to evacuate, know the local hurricane evacuation route(s) to take and have a plan for where you can stay. Contact your local emergency management agency for more information.
- Put together a disaster supply kit, including a flashlight, batteries, cash, first aid supplies, and copies of your critical information if you need to evacuate
- If you are not in an area that is advised to evacuate and you decide to stay in your home, plan for adequate supplies in case you lose power and water for several days and you are not able to leave due to flooding or blocked roads.
- Make a family emergency communication plan.
- Many communities have text or email alerting systems for emergency notifications.To find out what alerts are available in your area, search the Internet with your town, city, or county name and the word “alerts.”
It is always important to remember Benjamin Franklin’s quote, “by failing to prepare, you are failing to prepare”! Having an action plan for any potential disaster can make the difference between life and death! Even in a power outage, a generator can provide the emergency back up that you need. Honda Power Generators are powerful and reliable. Check our website or any of our Howard Brother’s locations to see which Honda Power Generator fits your needs.