2015 HRX217VLA with Smart Drive™, Electric Start Overview & Specs
|Transmission||Cone Clutch Variable Speed Transmission|
|Wheel Size||9 in.|
|Deck Size||21 in.|
|Discharge Type||4 in 1 Mulch/Bag/Leaf Shred/Discharge|
- Self-charging electric start
- Self-propelled, variable speed Smart Drive
- 4-in-1 Versamow System™ with Clip Director® – mulch, bag, discharge, and leaf shred
- MicroCut® Twin Blades
- Worry free lifetime limited warranty NeXite® deck
- Easy starting Honda GCV190 engine with Auto Choke System
- 5 year mower warranty
- Self-charging electric start: Simple, effortless key start with no need for “plug-in” charging.
- Choose your speed: Smart Drive: Easily adjust the mower’s speed to your stride by rotating the control. 5 position adjustable control for comfort. Variable speed from 0 to 3.6 mph.
- 4-in-1 Versamow System™ with Clip Director® – Mulch, bag, discharge and leaf shred with no tools or attachments required: Honda’s revolutionary Versamow System™ allows you to mulch, bag, discharge, and shred leaves – or even a combination of mulching and bagging! Just slide the convenient Clip Director® knob to choose how much grass is bagged or mulched. No tools or costly attachments are needed. It’s the ultimate in convenience and versatility.
- Honda MicroCut® Twin Blades: superior mulching and bagging: Honda’s exclusive twin blade MicroCut System® uses four cutting surfaces that result in ultra fine clippings for superior mulching and more clippings per bag. The end result? A perfect cut, less time emptying the bag, and less work for you.
- Rust-free, no-dent NeXite® mowing deck with lifetime warranty: The HRX’s 21″ deck is made of NeXite®. This high impact resistant material does not dent, rust, or corrode over time. So durable it comes with a lifetime warranty!
- Reliable Honda GCV190 Engine: Easy-starting, fuel efficient, and powerful, Honda’s premium residential GCV190 engines are legendary for providing years of reliable service. All Honda lawn mower engines are certified to meet 50-state EPA and CARB emission levels.
- Honda Auto Choke™ System – easy starting: No engine choke required! Just turn the key and go!
- 5 year residential warranty: You can rest easy, knowing your lawn mower is covered from top to bottom for 5 full years.
- Want to mulch, but worried about leaving clumps? No problem.: The Versamow System™ helps you to mulch or partially mulch even in severe conditions. Just adjust the 10 position Clip Director to the right setting for your lawn.
- Go further before emptying the bag.: Smaller grass clippings mean more grass fits in the bag. So you can mow up to 30% farther before you have to empty the bag.
- Easy, convenient rear discharge: The HRX has a convenient rear discharge door that improves maneuverability, eliminating the need for a separate discharge chute attachment. Clippings are directed out the bottom at the rear of the mower.
- Make quick work of leaves, with no attachments necessary.: The HRX Versamow System™ makes leaf shredding easy. Tiny pieces minimize the use of leaf bags for collecting debris. No attachments or tools are necessary.
- 3-position Quick Release adjustable handle: The quick release handle is easy to adjust to one of 3 positions for comfortable mowing. Or fold it over for more compact storage.
- Large 9″ ball bearing wheels: Ball bearings in all four wheels offer better maneuverability, smoother drive, and increased durability.
- 7 position cutting height adjustment (.75″ to 4″): Convenient height adjustment levers to set mowing height for lawn conditions.
- Large 2.5 bushel capacity grass bag: Our large capacity grass bags are balanced so they are easy to empty, saving you time and effort.
- Flywheel brake safety system: Quickly stops the engine when you let go of the flywheel brake lever.
- Manual fuel shut-off valve: The fuel valve can be shut off for transport, storage, or to perform maintenance.
- Engine: Honda GCV190
- Deck Material: NeXite®
- Cutting Width: 21 in.
- Mowing height range: 3/4 in. – 4 in.
- Mowing height adjustments: 7
- Drive Control: Variable Postion Smart Drive
- Transmission: Cone Clutch Variable Speed Transmission
- Ground speed: 0 to 3.6 mph
- Starter: Electric / Recoil
- Choke System: Automatic
- Throttle Control: Fixed
- Drive: Belt
- Handle: 1 in. Steel Tube
- Handle Height Positions: 3
- Wheels: 9 in. Plastic
- Ball Bearing Wheels: All
- Standard Functions: 4 in 1 Mulch/Bag/Leaf shred/Discharge
- Bag: Standard
- Bag capacity (bushels): 2.5
- Blade(s): Twin blades (MicroCut System®)
- Blade Control: Flywheel brake
- Side/Rear Discharge: Rear standard
- Dry weight: 93 lb.
- Operating weight: 95 lb.
- Residential warranty: 5 years
- Deck warranty (non-commercial): Lifetime
- Commercial warranty: 90 days
- Lawn Mower Cover
- Stainless Steel Guard Decks