Most people don’t realize that a healthy and well maintained lawn is perhaps the best defense against unwanted insects. It seems counter-intuitive, but then again maybe not…but properly watered lawns, which drain well and get good sun, will not be the optimal living environment for insects.
I recently had an opportunity to talk to Chris Chester, at our Alpharetta location, about the outfront mowers made by Walker and Exmark. These are very niche specific mowers, but they provide an outstanding cutting experience and in specific cases are the only mower category for the job.
We’ve been a Walker and Exmark dealer for well over 10 years. Walker was the first to develop many of the features that are used in most zero turn mowers today, but they are best known for their grass handling system mowers. We’re proud to be a Walker Dealer in Atlanta and North Georgia.
Exmark developed the Navigator a few years back to meet its customers needs for out front mowing.
I asked Chris to discuss a few of the more popular mowers that we sell at Howard Brothers. We have these mowers at all 4 of our locations in Alpharetta, Doraville, Duluth and Oakwood. Let us know if you have any questions.
Since 1963, small businesses have been celebrated in this country with a week of their own. This week is National Small Business Week! It is a time to recognize the contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners.
With all the storms that came through this evening in Atlanta and North Georgia, there are trees down everywhere. I passed by a huge tree in a church parking lot that was down in Peachtree Corners this evening. That being said, we know that chainsaws are gonna be pulled out of storage and put to work. Now is a good time to pause and remember safe operating practices for chainsaws.
Review all standard safety features on your saw. Below are just a few of the things to consider… but not an exhaustive list.
- Make sure the chain break works. This will cause the chain to stop immediately if kickback occurs.
- Make sure that your chainsaw is properly oiled. Bar oil keeps the chainsaw from overheating. It also ensures that the chain does not bind causing stress on the saw and therefore sudden jerking transferred to your hands and arms.
- Wear proper safety clothing when operating a chainsaw. Gloves, Goggles, Ear Protection, Footwear that will not slip, hard hat and leg protection such as chaps.
- Do not operate a chainsaw if the the chain is not sharp. This seems obvious, but forcing a saw to do more than it should do under regular use is dangerous to the user.
- You should read the user manual of your particular saw to cover any other safety features of your saw.
If you need any help with your chainsaw, or need to purchase a new one, please let us know how we can help. When it comes to a chainsaw, you most definitely need someone who you can trust. We can get you the right size saw for your specific needs. We have safety equipment that we can recommend. We can service your old saw and sharpen chains if needed.
Yes. I purposefully wrote that title.