As we go into our Nation’s birthday days from now, we have a lot to be thankful for: grilling out, a good game of catch, or even just the possibility that humidity will be below 99% here in North Georgia.
Now that it’s the last month before kids start going back to school, things might be starting to break or get worn out. Well you have Howard Brothers to help you out of the rut. We carry the tools and supplies necessary that you often just won’t find anywhere else. Plus, we got them on sale! Check it out:
3-Outlet Power Strip with 2 USB Ports
Technology is everywhere. Phones, tablets, smart watches, you name it. Chargers are essential nowadays. Power up all your devices this July with this power strip. It comes with two USB port which is great if you lose your charging block. It’s only $14.99. Here’s more details:
6′, black fabric covered cord, 16 gauge, includes black power strip, right angle plug, 2 usb 2.4a ports, 3 grounded outlets, 300 joules surge protection.
- Power Strip
- 6 foot
- Right Angle Plug
- 2 USB Ports 2.4A
- 3 Grounded Outlets
- Surge Protection
Homepointe® 16 in. Oscillating Stand Fan
Georgia summers are so hot. Cool down with this fan! For only $16.99, you can save money by using less A/C with this fan.
Homepointe, 16″, White, 3 Speed, Stand Fan, Line Grill, Round Base, Oscillating, Height & Tilt Adjustable.
- 3 speed settings
- round base
- height and tilt adjustable
Morton Water Softener System Saver II Pellets, 40-Lb.
Kids go through a lot more clothes than normal in the summer. Keep those colors brighter with these softener system pellets for only $5.99 a bag. Here’s some details:
40 lb. system saver water softening pellet, contains resin cleaning additives which keeps the softener running better & longer, reduces iron build up, extends softener life with continuous use, helps improve appliance & water heater efficiency, strong graphics & product detail, endorsed by many leading softener brands, only water softening salt to earn the good housekeeping seal, eliminates messy tank clean up.
- Contains patented formula with resin cleaning additives
- Cleans softener with each regeneration
- Maintains water softener efficiency
- Helps soaps and detergents lather better
- Helps prevent hard water spots on faucets, dishes and tile
- Helps prevent scale build-up in water heaters and pipes
- Helps keep laundry and appliances stain free
- Plastic hard handle for comfortable carrying
- Easy open tear for simple opening and pouring
Your Choice! Rayovac® 16-pk. AA or AAA Alkaline Batteries
With your choice of AA or AAA Alkaline Batteries for just $4.99 each, your summer will be fueled until the end. Your kids game controllers have probably been used more than normal, so with these Rayovac batteries, they won’t have to worry about dead controllers!
- Ready Power Technology Increases Shelf Life
- Mercury Free Formula
- Guaranteed Fresh For 10 Years.
Your Choice! Scott® 6-pk. Paper Towels or Scott 12-pk. Bath Tissue
Summer means more messes to clean but Scott Paper Towels have you covered. You can pick from Paper Towels or Bath Tissue for just $4.99 a pack!
- Scott Choose-A-Sheet Paper Towels let you choose the size you need because messes don’t come in one-size-fits-all
- Scott Paper Towel rolls are durable for tough messes in the kitchen and around the house
- Scott Towels are 1-Ply paper towels with unique ridges to quickly absorb messes
Four Seasons Courtyard® Extra-Large Zero Gravity Chair
These chairs are perfect for any summer activity with your family. They’re great for days at the pool or nights cooking out by the fire. You can choice from your favorite color for just $49.99 and the Folding Side Table is just $14.99. Here’s some details:
- XL size steel gravity chair with double bungee cord stability
- E-coated for rust protection
- Ring lock mechanism for easy recline and detachable tray for holding drinks, phones, etc.
- Blue sling fabric.
- Chair measures 35.43″ x 30.7″ x 43.7″.
Goodbye May, and hello June! Now that Memorial Day has come and gone, we can say summer is right around the corner! (June 21st to be exact)Sunburns and mosquito bites are no fun, BUT they are preventable. That’s when sunscreen, sunglasses, and mosquito repellant come into play. We can help you prepare for this summer while saving money so you can enjoy your fun in the sun. Check out our essential June 2017 Bargains of the Month:
Cutter® Backyard Bug Control Combo Pack
Mosquitos are honestly one of the only bad things about summer. Cutter Backyard Bug Control Outdoor Fogger repels and kills mosquitoes, flies, gnats, ants and other insects on contact. Prepare for your next outdoor event. Treats up to 1,200 cu ft (8 ft x 10 ft x 15 ft.)
Cutter, 2 pack, 32 oz backyard ready to spray & 16 oz backyard fogger combo pack, provides 2 ways of ridding your backyard of unwanted pests including mosquito’s, ant’s & fleas, last up to 12 weeks. Get this value pack for only $8.97.
GE® 2 pk., 15W PAR38 LED Light Bulb
It’s hard to relate Light Bulbs to summer LED is the new way to go! It saves you some extra energy costs that you can save up for a summer adventure! This 2 pack is just $19.99 this month! Here’s more details:
GE, 2 Pack, LED15P38FL/10K-2, 15 Watts, Bright White Light Color, Clear Bulb Color, PAR38 Shape, Flood LED Light Bulb, Equivalent To A 90W Incandescent, 25 Degree Beam, Medium Base, Non-Dimmable, 1200 Lumens, 2700 Kelvin Color Temperature, CRI = 80, 9 Year, 10000 Hours Rated Life, MOL = 4.0, Boxed
- 15W Equivalent to a 90w Incandescent
- 3000 Kelvin (Bright White) Color Temperature
- Medium Base
- 10,000 Hours
- Energy Cost/yr: $1.81 (@ 3 hrs/day)
GreenThumb® 5/8 in. x 50 ft. Heavy-Duty Garden Hose
Now that warmer weather is here, that means your plants and grass are going to be dryer. Whether you need to water your water your plants, wash your car, or even just have some backyard fun with the family, this hose will help get the job done. This hose is only $14.99 for the month of June Here’s some more details:
Green with exclusive reinforcement view stripe. Self straightening. NTS technology guarantees no kinks or tangles. Microshield anti-microbial protection against mold & mildew. Lead Free Aluminum Couplings – Crush Resistant to 1,200 Lbs. PSI. Rigid Ergonomic Protective Collar. Lifetime Warranty.
- Patented NTS Reflex Mesh® Technology prevents the hose from kinking, twisting and tangling
- Microshield® anti-microbial protection guards against mold & mildew
- High Strength Aluminum Couplings – Crush Resistant to 1,200 PSI.
- Rigid Ergonomic Sleeve
- Made in USA
GreenThumb® 5,000 Sq. Ft. Lawn Food
In the summer, you spend more time on your grass then any other time. Your grass needs food just like anything else. Feed it this June with GreenThumb Lawn Food for just $9.99 a bag.
This will help your grass be greener, thicker, and lush. Here’s some details:
5M Green Thumb 27-0-3 Lawn Food. Easy to use. Improves Rooting & Color. Promotes Thick, Lush Green Lawns.
- 2% Iron for Deep Greening.
- 50% Controlled Release Nitrogen.
- Covers up to 5,000 square feet.
- Continuously feeds for up to 16 Weeks!
YOUR CHOICE! Gal. Ready-to-Use Weed Killer or 1.1 gal. Ready-to-Use Insect Killer
You can choose from either of these Ortho products that are each $12.99 and receive a $3 mail-in rebate. Kill those pesky weeds or kill those pesky insects trying to make it in your house this summer.
Ortho, weed b gon, gallon, ready to use, weed killer wand, kills weeds not lawns, results in 1 hour, kills weeds down to the root, kills dandelions clovers & 250+ other weeds.
- Kills Weeds not lawns.
- Results in 1 hour.
- Kills weeds down to the root.
- Kills dandelions clovers and 250+ other weeds.
Ortho 1.1 Gallon, Bonus Size, Ready To Use Wand, Home Defense Max Insect Killer, Kills Existing Bugs & Prevents New Bugs From Entering The Home In 1 Application, With Invisishield Barrier Technology New Applicator, The Easy Way To Spray, No Bending, Pumping Or Hand Fatigue, 1 Touch Continuous Spray, Ergonomic Handle, Extended Reach Wand With Multiple Spray Settings.
Four Seasons Courtyard Verona Stacking Patio Chairs and Table
Brighten your patio with comfortable sling stacking chairs in 4 vibrant colors. Rugged steel frames are made to last with black, powder coated finish and durable sling fabric. Pair with the 42-inch glass-top bistro table for affordable outdoor dining. These are perfect for hangouts by the pool, or just cooking out with friends. You can pick from all four colors at $16.99 or the table for $19.99.
With the Fourth of July slowly creeping up behind us it’s only fitting that we create a post for you guys about Firework Safety. *cues fireworks* According to the National Fire Protection Association, fireworks start an average of 18,500 fires per year, including 1,300 structure fires, 300 vehicle fires, and 16,900 other fires. These fires caused an average of three deaths, 40 civilian injuries, and an average of $43 million in direct property damage. On top of that, U.S. hospital emergency rooms treated an estimated 11,900 people for fireworks related injuries; 51% of those injuries were to the extremities and 41% were to the head all in 2015 alone.
Simply stated, fireworks can cause a lot of harm if they are not used properly. This is why we have decided to throw this list of tips together! Check them out:
- DON’T LET SMALL CHILDREN PLAY WITH FIREWORKS OR SPARKLERS. Sparklers burn at temperatures of about 2,000
- Avoid buying fireworks that are packaged in brown paper because this is often a sign that the fireworks were made for professional displays and that they could pose a danger to consumers.
- Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse. Keep a safe distance after lighting fireworks.
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or other mishap.
- Light fireworks one at a time.
- Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers.
- After fireworks complete their burning, douse the spent device with plenty of water from a bucket or hose before discarding it to prevent a trash fire.
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before buying or using them.
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
- Use fireworks OUTDOORS in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
- Report illegal explosives, like M-80s and quarter sticks, to the fire or police department.
These are just a few. Remember to be cautious and mindful of your actions. We want all of you to have a fun and safe Fourth of July!
That’s hard to believe, but call it whatever you want… Pro Day, 1 Day Sales Event, Gear Up… We’ve been doing this early spring sales events for Landscapers in The Atlanta and North Georgia area for 25 years!
It was 1992 that Howard Brothers held its first one day sales event. At the time, the landscaping industry in Atlanta was just beginning to take root. We held the event at the old Falcon’s Inn in Suwanee. Lawn tractors and push mowers were the big ticket items back then. At the time, we were a Toro dealer. Folks were using Snapper Rear Engine tractors to cut grass.
So much has changed, yet Howard Brothers has been providing the best products and product knowledge for professional landscapers this whole time.
Don’t Miss GearUp!
Here are the top 10 reasons why you DON’T want to miss GearUp
- Pricing on New Equipment – We aren’t kidding when we say that the best prices of the year are only available on 3/1/17. These are prices that often can not be advertised online or on a postcard or on social media. Know that we set pricing that we feel is the best around. In addition to Manufacturers Rebates and Howard Brothers Only Rebates… you’re gonna be happy with the price of your new equipment!
- Discount Pricing on Parts – While we do have some HOT BUY pricing specials on some specific parts (see reasons #3 through #6) ALL of our parts are 20% off on that day only. We will have landscape companies bring in a list of their highly used parts and purchase enough for the season or at least for several months. Any part you need… 20% off!
- Edger Blades for 89 cents! – Need we say more. Other than gasoline, there’s maybe nothing more ‘consumable’ in the landscaping industry than edger blades. On March 1st, you can get them for .89/each with no minimum quantities.
- Lawn Mower Blades for $9.99! – Other competition have their specials on blades specify, “as low as, or From” but all of our mower blades are on sale for $9.99. Need a Blade that is normally $30 or $40… yeah, it’s on sale for $9.99. No Minimums!
- 2.5 gallon Oil Mix Case Price for $69.99! – Get a case of STIHL 2 cycle gas oil mix for $69.99. 48 bottles to a case. There is a limit on this… 5 cases per customer only please.
- Walker Mower – $250 Instant Rebate – This one is a Howard Brothers Only Special… If you purchase a Walker Mower, we’re gonna give you $250 towards the purchase of any STIHL or ECHO equipment the same day.
- Glyphosate – Best Price of the Year – You have weeds… if not now, you will. Weed Killer/RoundUp will not be cheaper than it will be on March 1st. Get some for the season. 2.5 Gallon containers = $44.88 and 30 gallon drum = $419.88.
- Manufacturer Representatives – Each of our stores will have representatives from our manufacturers on hand for you to ask questions, kick tires, help provide demo opportunities.
- New Products available. Howard Brothers is always on the cutting edge of new technology and equipment for our customers and for the landscaping industry. Come by and check out some of the new products that we’re starting to sell and will make your workday easier. (Have you seen the Stinger Go Barrow 9000?!)
- Food and a Shirt – We’ve been feeding people for every Pro Day / Sales Event from the beginning. Come and grab a chicken sandwich or two during lunch. Come early and grab a donut. Come late and take home dinner for your family. We like to eat. We may as well break bread together on March 1st. Regarding the shirts…OK, I get it. We all have WAY too many shirts that we will never wear, but we have a special shirt for this event that we’ll be giving away. Get in early and pick up a shirt. Wear if forever.
We have more brands than ever and more locations than ever. 2017 is already looking like it will be a fantastic year for landscapers in Atlanta. Fescue grass is already greening up and we’re already getting more homeowners looking at updating their equipment.
Now is the best time to Gear Up for Spring! Get your list of what you need, and we’ll see you on March 1st!
November is upon us! We’re all excited for the holiday season around the corner, and we’re looking forward to starting the Countdown to Christmas next month. That being the case, we know there is also a ‘Countdown to Christmas Decorations’ followed closely by the ‘Countdown to it Being Socially Acceptable to Blast Christmas Music’. In the meantime, we’ll just have to settle for Top 40 and Dental Care Ads on the Radio.
Also, we can start cleaning up our disfigured Jack O’Lanterns and start scraping Snickers wrappers off of our doorsteps. Halloween is freshly over and we can finally indulge in all of the candy your children thought was for them.
With Thanksgiving on the way, fun family times are a’comin’ and you’ll need to be prepared for the impending passive aggression, and seating for about 20. Tables, chairs, placemats, doilies, the whole lot are necessary for a prepared house in this time of much eating.
These Bargains of the Month reflect preparedness – as they usually do. Here they are:
1 Gal. Master Mechanic Bar and Chain Oil
Before Winter hits, trimming down some limbs and trees could be on your to-do list. Making sure that your chainsaw is going to be ready for use or long storage is always important, because a failed chainsaw is no fun situation.
Making sure that your chains are properly lubricated is a must in any situation, from resisting sap build-up to keeping the gears pliable and moving freely. Storage is also safer as moisture will be deterred by the oil mix.
Keep some on hand for when you really need it.
Right now – and through the month – you can pick up a gallon for only $4.99.
18 in. x 28 in. Natural Coir Door Mat
After doing anything with oil or being outdoors, you need to make sure that you don’t bother the ole’ spouse with some muddy footprints and spare crinkled leaves from the most recent trip.
Nothing is better for that than having your holiday spirit let loose all over something you step on every day.
For that, we have our Winter and Holiday Themed Door Mats of your choice for $9.99. Come pick one up so you can drop it right before you enter your house.
200-Ct. Mini LED Light Reel
As we get into the season of ‘Winter Wonderland’, us Georgians have to make up for the lack of ‘glistening snow’ with expansive light shows and trimmed door frames.
To do that, you need the heavy duty stuff. We have the heavy duty stuff.
When boxes of 40-50 lights go out of stock at the nearest Big-Box store, we have the neighbor-shaming, electric bill increasing, shiny new light rolls for the prepared hardcore decorator.
$14.99 is a steal for Weapons of Mass Holly and Cheer.
40-Lb. Bag Wild Bird Food or 20-Lb. Bag Black Oil Sunflower Bird Seed
Since we’re getting into the season of giving, how better to start than taking care of our tree’s inhabitants? You might need to borrow some of that landscape for the light-hanging and making sure it’s good with our feathered friends is a good call.
The birds are having a hard time finding food now that the Fall is upon us, and it’s not too hard to help them out and be a good neighbor. Plus, they’ll come out to see you more.
$9.99 for either bag, both will last a long time through the rough cold.
3 Step Fiberglass Type II Platform Ladder
Now that you’ve got the lights ready and the neighbors pacified, it’s time to get those lights up. Then you remember that you’re not quite 6′, and that is a problem when the fence is 7′.
You need something strong and light to haul all around your yard, and this is just the thing.
The fiberglass construction makes hauling it easy, and the extra few feet to your God-given height will be a necessary addition; it’s yours for $49.99 after a $10 mail-in rebate.
6′ Deluxe Folding Banquet Table and All Steel Black Folding Chair
Now that you’ve got the outside decorated and the yard fixed up, it’s time to prepare for the impending familial responsibilities.
You’ve got a house to fill with everything from weird uncles to rambunctious kids. That means you’re going to need some seating and a whole lot of room.
What better way to fill the space than with something you can pull out and put up in a spare closet? With foldable tables spanning 3 people per side, and All Steel Folding Chairs to complete the entire thing; that’s a recipe for success.
Tables are on sale for $34.99 and Chairs are on sale for $9.99. Both are foldable and will make your life a whole lot easier.
Come check out our Bargains for November at our Doraville, Duluth, or Oakwood stores; We’ll help you find them and make sure you’re set for the Season to come!
In the meantime, happy Thanksgiving.
Well, October is here and Fall is following suit, which is quite a surprise after an interesting weekend at the Duluth Fall Festival where we had 5 or 6 festival-goers pass out from heat exhaustion. They claimed it was the hottest Fall Festival in 34 Years of existence, and after 12 hours in the Sun, we all believed it.
Regardless, the weekend following has definitely been showing up and making the temperature drop known. A couple of days of temperate behavior are sure to turn into half-past freezing after a brief recess. It’s appreciated nevertheless.
Back to Business.
Well, it’s fall. Things change, and we have just the stuff for you to get ready.
Kidde Digital Battery-Operated Carbon-Monoxide Alarm or Fire Alarm
Not messing around here, having a Carbon Monoxide Alarm is very important for houses. All Houses. (oh and you have some in your business too, right?)
Usually with these deals I’m a more light-hearted writer that just wants to inform about the products and grab a few laughs. I’m taking a brief hiatus to say that this is can be a life-saving appliance.
Carbon Monoxide can be produced from faulty heating units and is odorless and colorless. It is also a lethal toxin. If you don’t have one then please pick one up. They’re battery powered, inexpensive, and compact. It only makes sense.
Thank you for reading my spiel. They’re only $19.99 for either the Smoke or Carbon Monoxide Alarm. Grab 1 or multiple.
36-Ct. Lysol Disinfecting Wipes and 12.5 oz. Spray Combo
After our little serious endeavor, we can go ahead and start from a clean slate…
*Buht Um Tsss*
Lysol Wipes. We all need ‘em. They make the rocking world go clean.
Go ahead and clean up some surfaces before the cold makes you lose all feeling in your limbs and fingers. It’s not fun. Plus the spray comes with it!
A nice combo that everyone knows for only $5.97? Deal.
8-lb. Bag of Birders’ Blood Premium Bird Food or 20-lb. Wild Bird Food
With times getting colder, we have to think of our musical neighbors that deserve a helping hand. After some serenades into our morning commute, the performers could use a couple of tips.
As we all know, everyone gotta eat. Therefore, stock up on some of this bird food and help a brother out. They’ll stay around a little bit longer and definitely be grateful.
Our fun friends’ month-long meal is only $4.99 a pop. Treat yo’ birds.
4-Pack of Long Life Light Bulbs
Along with the cold this Fall, we can also expect a lot less light with the shorter days. With more use of interior lighting, it’s about time to fix that light bulb in the bathroom you’ve been ignoring for the last 4 months.
Light bulbs are always something to have on hand, so save while you can! We have many different varieties for all applications of regular bulbs.
All varieties are available at $5.99 a pack!
1 Qt. of Pennzoil Motor Oil
As we always say, regular maintenance is preventative maintenance, and regular oil changes become even more important when the lower temperatures start making a move on your engine block.
We like your things to run. Don’t get me wrong, we love to fix your stuff, but happy customers are our main goal. Take it from us, we love seeing your face, but we like to see it smiling too.
$2.99 a Pop. Whoop!
40-lb. Morton System Saver II Water-Softening Pellets
- For use with most water softeners
- High purity salt pellets with resin cleaning additives
- Helps to extend the life of your water softener
- Helps fight mineral build-up and prevent bridging, mushing and channeling
- Designed to eliminate softener brine tank clean-out
A 40lb bag is on sale for $5.99. All month long.