Echo created this amazing info-graph recently that reminds us about the dangers that Ethanol could cause for small engines in power equipment.
The key to a healthy fuel hygiene is:
- Only purchase recommended fuel for your equipment.
- Only buy enough fuel for a maximum of 30 days at a time.
- Use self-venting fuel containers that keep air from your fuel.
- Use recommended fuel stabilizers and oil mix
- Shake your fuel container before use. It really does help.
- Store your fuel container in a dry and cool area between use.
- Drain fuel from equipment if storing for longer than 30days.
This list is even a littler conservative. It is best to totally rethink your use of gasoline in small engines. We see way too many repair situations that were caused by fuel related damage.